Our strategy is to invest our resources in our mines – capital in order to extend our mine lives, and people in order to apply the expertise of our team.
We structure and plan our operations to ensure that all stakeholders receive maximum benefit from our presence. This approach aims to ensure long-term sustainable operations.
Petra’s five core sustainability objectives are in alignment with Our Values and with our Group strategy to ‘Work Responsibly’:
- Ensure that everyone works safely, in a ‘zero harm’ environment;
- Ensure that we work in harmony with our natural environment and manage resources appropriately;
- Ensure that we have sustainable relationships with all of the communities in which we operate;
- Ensure that we comply with relevant legislation in order to maintain our licence to operate; and
- Structure and implement all projects and practices with the long-term success of the Company in mind, to the benefit of all stakeholders.