Our Health, Safety, Social and Environmental (“HSSE”) Committee is Board-represented by CEO Richard Duffy as Chairman of the Committee, and is comprised of members of Petra’s Senior Management team. It meets formally at least twice a year and otherwise as required.
Download the HSSE Committee Charter
The role of the HSSE Committee is to:
- oversee the development of policies and guidelines for the management of health, safety, social and environmental aspects within the Group’s operation;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of the Group’s policies and systems for identifying and managing HSSE risks;
- assess the policies and systems within the Group to ensure compliance;
- assess the performance of the Group with regards to the impact of HSSE decisions and actions on employees, communities and stakeholders, as well as the impact on the Group’s reputation;
- receive reports from management concerning any fatalities, serious accidents and major environmental incidents within the Group and review the actions taken by management;
- oversee the integrity and quality of HSSE reporting to any external party;
- review the results of any independent audits on the Group’s HSSE compliance and performance matters;
- review any strategies and action plans compiled by management in response to issues raised by the Board;
- inform the Board of evolving HSSE best practices, any governance and regulatory changes; and
- where appropriate report to the Board on any material aspects above that could have a significant negative impact on the Group.