Our Health, Safety, Social and Environmental (“HSSE”) Committee is chaired by Bernard Pryor as Chairman of the Committee, Patrick Bartlett, Richard Duffy and Luctor Roode. It meets formally at least twice a year and otherwise as required.
Download the HSE Committee Charter
The role of the HSE Committee is to:
- oversee the development of policies and guidelines for the management of health, safety, social and environmental aspects within the Group’s operation;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of the Group’s policies and systems for identifying and managing HSE risks;
- assess the policies and systems within the Group to ensure compliance;
- assess the performance of the Group with regards to the impact of HSE decisions and actions on employees, communities and stakeholders, as well as the impact on the Group’s reputation;
- receive reports from management concerning any fatalities, serious accidents and major environmental incidents within the Group and review the actions taken by management;
- oversee the integrity and quality of HSE reporting to any external party;
- review the results of any independent audits on the Group’s HSE compliance and performance matters;
- review any strategies and action plans compiled by management in response to issues raised by the Board;
- inform the Board of evolving HSE best practices, any governance and regulatory changes; and
- where appropriate report to the Board on any material aspects above that could have a significant negative impact on the Group.