The members of the Diamond Producers Association are well-established mining companies which collectively extract the vast majority of all diamonds on the market today. They are committed to extracting diamonds from the earth and bringing them to consumers in a way that demonstrates an utmost respect for their employees’ health and safety, the well-being and betterment of local populations, and the preservation of the environment in which they operate.
Every member of the Diamond Producers Association confirms their ongoing support of these goals by signing the following DPA member commitment:
- We continually strive to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees through robust health & safety practices
- We respect and observe the UN Guiding Principles on business and human rights and comply fully with the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and the World Diamond Council (WDC) System of Warranties
- We respect the cultures, customs and values and laws of the communities in which we operate
- We seek to maximise the short and long-term social and economic benefits communities derive from our operations through employment, infrastructures, business development and participation agreements
- We seek to minimise the short and long-term impact of our operations on the environment
- We actively and continually support the conservation of biodiversity in and around our operations